As part of the Distributors Against Human Trafficking initiative, NBWA, in conjunction with A21, Heimark Distributing, LLC and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, has produced this industry-specific toolkit to combat human trafficking and forced labor in supply chains. Access the full toolkit and read on to learn about the different components and how your company can join the fight.
A21’s Can You See Me? campaign is a global awareness campaign designed to equip the public to understand scenarios of human trafficking that individuals may encounter and empower them with information to report suspicious activity. Raising awareness is critical to putting a stop to human trafficking.
The latest scenario of A21’s Can You See Me? campaign depicts labor trafficking in the convenience store setting and highlights the important role that the business community plays in combating human trafficking. NBWA in conjunction with A21, Heimark Distributing, LLC and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, has produced this industry-specific toolkit, which highlights an example of labor trafficking, explains trafficking indicators and educates employees on how to report. Join us in sharing these materials in your communities and on your social media platforms.
Can You See Me? Toolkit Components
Sample Social Media Messages
- To combat labor trafficking, NBWA is partnering with @A21, @USChamber and other organizations to identify possible trafficking scenarios, explain indicators of exploitation, and educate businesses, employees, and the public on how to report suspicious activity. a21.org/CYSM
- Millions of people are forced to work against their will. Oftentimes, they’re hidden in plain sight within the supply chains we use to conduct business, manufacture products, and transport goods. Learn how to recognize & report signs of human trafficking: a21.org/CYSM
- Anyone can become a victim of human trafficking. Have you witnessed someone experiencing indicators of forced labor? Don’t hesitate to make a report. Call the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 888-373-7888. Be aware and learn the signs: a21.org/CYSM
- Nearly 50 million people around the world are enslaved today. If you see a suspicious situation, don’t hesitate to report it. Call the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 888-373-7888. Learn more: a21.org/CYSM
- Human trafficking happens both in the U.S. and around the world. Learn what trafficking looks like and how to report it: a21.org/CYSM
- People in every part of the world are being sold for their bodies and labor. Some are hidden in plain sight and forced to work in industries like hospitality, manufacturing, and agriculture. If you witness a suspicious situation, make a report with the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 888-373-7888 and learn more: a21.org/CYSM