Next Generation Conference
NBWA’s Next Generation Group brings together future leaders in the beer distribution industry. The group focuses on learning more about the beer business, getting more involved with the association and networking with other distributors from all areas of the country representing all brands.
NBWA held its inaugural Next Generation Success in Leadership Conference in Chicago, August 4 – 5, 2013. The conference kicked off Sunday evening with a social event, offering future leaders the opportunity to network in a casual setting. Monday’s program featured Matt Dahlstrom, the founder of LearnBeer.com, and Craig Purser, NBWA President & CEO.
Dahlstrom, a 20-year veteran of the beer industry, works with distributors on sales training, management development and strategy execution to increase sales effectiveness and drive business results. Dahlstrom’s presentation included:
- Leadership Training: Discover the differences between leading and managing people and how to balance your new leadership role.
- Evaluating Your Readiness: Examine leadership responsibilities, skills and competencies.
- Maximizing Your Impact: Identify your role and the key to work prioritization.
- Strategy Development: Learn to define strategy, build on the foundation and ensure success.
- Succession Development: Discover how to begin the conversation.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Next Generation Group, please contact Meetings and Membership Assistant Maggie Graham, at email@example.com.